Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Kitchen Wall

I have this huge, ugly wall opposite my long, skinny kitchen. We live in an old house which was turned into a four-plex apartment building. Needless to say our kitchen was not meant to be a kitchen. It was meant to be a hallway. So half of the hallway became a kitchen and half became a huge, ugly space that needed some attention. Here is my quick and (almost) free solution. A recipe wall...

And a daily planning wall. The "dry-erase board" was the only thing that actually cost anything. I bought a couple of dry-erase markers and I had to buy one piece of scrapbooking paper, but that was it!
The frames I got free from a friend who moved away and I used black construction paper to border each of the recipes. By the way, the recipes I chose to include were: chocolate chip cookies, chicken tortilla soup, peach cobbler, sweet cornbread, and chicken tetrazzini. All family favorites.

5 comments:

  1. like your erase board and that huge wall

    See my board leave me a message with what you think...

    http://nancyogengayouree.wordpress.com/2011/11/24/diy-wipe-off-menu-board/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely the best idea I've seen for a wall. I will def be using this is idea in our office area! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so nice collection never seen before such rare things kitchen linens. thanks for sharing this information.how to remove melted plastic from oven

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pretty important functions of one's kitchen are to store, prepare and cook food and to accomplish related tasks including dishwashing.how to remove melted plastic from oven

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pleasant assortment never seen such uncommon things kitchen cloths. much obliged for sharing this data.ge french door fridge not cooling

    ReplyDelete