Saturday, May 15, 2010
I've been seeing these around in the blogging world lately and really wanted to try them. The tutorial I found was less than clear (to me anyway), but I figured once I got into the project I'd figure a way to make it work. They're filled with rice and lots of dried lavender (from France no doubt, thanks to my sister!).They are each made out of three pieces. The first one is two orange pieces and one pattern piece. The second is two blue pieces and one pattern. I ended up completely changing the tops from having a stem and leaf to just having a ribbon loop. Zero headache involved in this revised version plus it probably shaved off 15 aggravated minutes for me. (I've noticed I lose patience quickly while sewing since becoming pregnant) Also they turned out smaller than I was imagining... I think I'd make them bigger next time. BUT they smell wonderful! and I think I love the finished product even though it isn't what I had initially intended. They are so cute.