Friday, September 23, 2011

Sewing Machine Cozy

My mother-in-law bought this beautiful fabric for me last year so that I could make myself a sewing machine cover. I found several designs online and then decided to just make up my own. Well then the project sat around until I saw this cute idea.

I didn't actually follow the directions since it looked pretty straight forward and I was starting with pre-quilted fabric anyway. I think I started with about 1/2 yard of this fabric from JoAnns, cut out a rectangle, sewed exactly 3 yards of bias tape around the edges, and attached some green ribbon for ties. I meant to attach the ties underneath the bias tape, but got carried away with sewing and forgot. I ended up just sewing the ties directly to the bias tape afterwards with a zigzag stitch.

I love how it turned out. So easy. It is already brightening up my dark sewing room.

No comments:

Post a Comment