Friday, September 30, 2011

Baby Beanie and Booties

A dear friend of mine had her first child a few weeks ago and I knew her little girl would need some booties. All little girls do.

I decided to go ahead and purchase a pattern because all of the cutest patterns come at a cost and I knew I would use it over and over anyway. I love them. The first bootie I tried came out huge. But then I used a smaller hook and that seemed to do the trick.

I also made a hat to match which was very simple and will be warm for that sweet little head. I made the hat a little bigger by increasing an extra round because the pattern was meant for a preemie.

And of course the hat needed a cute flower which I made into a removable clip using hot glue and a clippie. It was easier than expected because I usually shy away from crocheted flowers that need to be sewn but it came out perfectly.

The yarn I used was so soft and it was fun to make little baby things again. Baby projects are fast and oh so rewarding (especially because it gives you an excuse to visit a tiny angel).

No comments:

Post a Comment