Friday, November 4, 2011

Mexican Casserole

I tried a new recipe I found on Cooking On Clover Lane. It was good and simple to make. I had forgotten how nice making casseroles can be. I hardly use my oven during the summer and find myself cooking over the stove up until the minute we eat. When making a casserole there is time to clean up, set the table, and even sit down and relax for a minute. It was an unexpected treat to cook using my oven. And the best part about using an oven is how easy it is to make freezer meals :)


1 pound lean ground beef
2 cups salsa
1 16oz can chili beans, drained
3 cups tortilla chips, crushed
2 cups sour cream
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350.
In a large skillet, brown beef. Stir in salsa, reduce heat, simmer until liquid is absorbed (about 10 minutes depending on how thick your salsa is.) Stir in beans, and heat through.
Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray. Spread crushed chips in a layer on bottom and then add ground beef mixture. Spread sour cream on top. Top with onion, tomato, cilantro and cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment