Friday, April 20, 2012

What I'm Reading

I read this one a while ago and forgot to write about it. Well here it is... I loved it. I was definitely skeptical going into this read because honestly I didn't think Stephenie Meyer is that great of a storyteller, but this was not what I was expecting. The whole story line was so thoughtful and intriguing. It is based on a time where Earth has been overrun with aliens who take over human bodies. Most human souls disappear once the alien invades, but some fight back. The story follows a host body who inhabits both an alien and the original soul the body belongs to and the struggle that ensues. The book also highlights the life of a small group of humans who are among the few the aliens have not yet overtaken. There is a little bit of a love story going on as well, but not so much that my husband didn't also enjoy this read. Oh and they are turning this into a movie! You may have seen the teaser if you went to see Hunger Games in theaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment