Monday, January 16, 2012

Banana Muffins

I found this great banana muffin recipe on Cooking On Clover Lane. I like to make these to keep on hand for snacks to give my daughter and they are great for road trips. She loves them and I feel good giving them to her because there is very little sugar in them compared to other recipes.
3 ripe bananas (the more ripe the better)
a little less than 1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup sour cream (I usually replace this with full fat plain yogurt... works great)
1 TBS baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix together banana, sugar, egg, and vanilla
Stir in sour cream (or yogurt)
Add dry ingredients

Scoop into muffin cups (makes 12. They will rise a lot)
Bake for 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment