Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Marathon Training

I have never been "a runner" and in 2009 when my sister asked me to train for a marathon with her I said, "yeah right". That September I watched her complete her first marathon along with my brother and his wife. It was awesome. I was so proud of them and I thought to myself that one day I would have to do one as well.
(sister-in-law, brother, sister)
That very same day in September, waiting for my siblings to cross the finish line, I talked with my oldest brother and his wife about how cool it was to accomplish running a marathon. My sister-in-law didn't think there would be much to it and was sure she could do one herself. My brother laughed at her and challenged her to complete one within the next year. Without ever having run before in her life, my sister-in-law began training and completed that very same race in September 2010 along with her husband who has always been an avid runner. I have two siblings who have not yet gone the 26.2 miles and one of them is in training to complete a marathon in May. So it is about time I jump on board. Hopefully the ability runs in my genes.
(source:: Kristi Mcmurry)
I started training December 28 after my sister-in-law concluded that it was high time I ran a marathon and drafted me up a running schedule. I hope to complete my training in time to run the May race with my brother. We will see. I am nervous already just thinking about the race. I will keep you up-to-date on how training is going and any tidbits I pick up along the way. Happy running!

1 comment:

  1. You can do it Gina!I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to hear about your journey:)

    ReplyDelete