Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Homemade Gnocchi

I made my own gnocchi the other day... it was SO GOOD. Also, it was easy. I made marinara sauce the day before in my slow cooker. The recipe made enough for supper plus two more portions which I froze in ziploc bags. Like I said, the gnocchi was super easy. Stir the ingredients together, roll out the dough, cut off each piece, boil for a couple of minutes. While the pasta boiled I cut a loaf of french bread in half, added some slices of butter, garlic powder, and cheese, surrounded the bread in aluminum foil, and baked in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes until the butter melted. When the pasta was cooked and drained I added the marinara sauce plus a little fresh Parmesan. Yum. If you like gnocchi, you have got to try this yourself.

1 comment: