Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Sushi Night

I love sushi. Hubby supports my addiction and has one of his own. We have always talked about wanting to learn to make it ourselves, but never had the courage to until I stumbled on this post by Favorite Family Recipes.
It turned out so yummy and satisfying since we were able to do it ourselves. Here are the different rolls we have tried:

avocado
cucumber
tempura mini shrimp
sesame seeds
nori
rice
**for this one we had the nori on the outside which creates a nice little package which is easy to pick up with chopsticks.

Thai hot chili mayonnaise
celery
carrot slightly cooked with a little honey
mini shrimp
sesame seeds
nori
rice
**for this one we tempura fried the outside. Although it didn't look perfect, it tasted so good. Since doing this I have looked up how you are actually suppose to tempura fry a sushi roll and it seems like all we needed to do was dredge the whole thing in cornstarch. I'll try that next time.

jalapeno powder
cream cheese
tempura mini shrimp
celery
carrot
sesame seeds
nori
rice
**for this one we tried the rice on the outside and it was nice to switch it up, but we had a hard time keeping it all together and cutting the roll. Maybe there is a secret I am missing.

Serve with soy sauce and wasabi.
Now go be bold and try it yourself! Or am I the only one scared of rolling my own sushi?

No comments:

Post a Comment