Monday, January 23, 2012

What I'm Reading

Hubby and I have gotten into reading novels out loud to each other and we recently raced through the entire Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins. It was so good. The books follow the life of a teenage girl in an post-apocalyptic society who is thrown into the role as the rebel symbol against the oppressive ruling class. Parts will make you cry and parts will make you laugh. And then there are the parts that spurred long conversations about "could this really happen?"

I would recommend this book to everyone I know. Personally I even think it is appropriate for the younger crowd. Say ten year olds? But of course each parent should decide for themselves what is appropriate. I don't remember any crude language or obscene depictions although there are quite a few "heavy" parts where people get killed.

Really, the writing is beautiful and the world is intriguing and I would love to read these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment