Monday, October 24, 2011

a Costume for Hubby

Since I am going to be a flower for Halloween and my little girl a ladybug, hubby decided he would be a spider. I have been racking my brain trying to figure out the best way to give him four more legs, but for starters I thought I would finish the easy part of the costume: giving him six extra eyes.
 I started with Oakland Black Lion Brand Yarn I picked up at Walmart for about $3 and used the entire length to  crochet a simple beanie. The yarn was so thick that the project worked up very quickly and easily, but in the end it wasn't quite long enough so I added a band of gold which hubby picked out from my stash. Then I simply hot glued some black circles to some larger white circles and sewed these to the hat so that later we can cut the thread and hubby can use the hat after Halloween.
And now if I run out of time Hubby will still have a simple costume even if I can't finish those giant black legs to match. Did I mention I hate spiders?

No comments:

Post a Comment