Friday, October 14, 2011

Wreath Redo: Halloween

It's time for my wreath to get a makeover now that we are coming up on Halloween. I stripped my wreath down, but kept the muslin wrapped around it and added 1/4 yard of black halloween lace for $0.80 and two sheets of 9x12 felt for $0.25 each all from JoAnns. The rubber spider was a budget buster at $3 from Walmart.
I started by cutting three longs strips out of my lace, each one was about 3 inches wide. Then I started wrapping. Silly me I ran out of fabric, but I eventually covered that up with a tie to hang it from so it ended up working out.
I cut my sheets of felt into one inch strips and used this tutorial to make my flowers. These flowers are a bit more of a pain than the easy peasy fabric rolled flowers, but they created a cool effect that I really wanted for this wreath. The hard part is just having the patience to cut every little strip along the felt one by one.

I can't wait for my little girl's first Halloween.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I missed this one! I need to get to your neck of the woods more often:)